In this website, www.ptc.com.pk (the “Website”), the terms “Pakistan Tobacco Company“, “PTC”, we”, “us” and “our” are used to refer to “Pakistan Tobacco Company Limited”.
The terms “British American Tobacco”, “the Group” and “The British American Tobacco Group” are used to refer to British American Tobacco p.l.c. and the group of companies constituting its direct and indirect subsidiaries worldwide, including Pakistan Tobacco Company.
The terms ‘you’ and ‘your’ are used to refer to any persons accessing or using this website for any purpose.
Terms and conditions
The Website is operated by Pakistan Tobacco Company. Please read these terms and conditions ("the Terms") carefully. By accessing the Website you agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree to be bound by the Terms you should not access or view this Website.
Any questions or enquiries which you have in relation to this Website should be made either by e-mailing using the Contact Us facility or be addressed to the Corporate and Regulatory Affairs Department of Pakistan Tobacco Company Limited, Silver Square, Plot No. 15, F-11 Markaz, Islamabad, Pakistan. Phone: +92(51)2083200-01, Fax: +92(51)2224216
Online Privacy Statement
We respect your privacy. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of the Website visitors. This Online Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices, the way your information is collected online and how that information is used.
a) Information about you
When you visit the Website you may asked for information about yourself. This information may include your name, address, email address and other information, which will allow us to address your queries or request for information.
In addition to the information you provide, we may also collect information about you through the use of automatic data collection tools. These tools collect certain standard information about you such as your browser type and language, access times and your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
We may also place a cookie on your computer. You are not obliged to accept a cookie that we send to you and you can in fact modify your browser so that it will not accept cookies. For more information about cookies including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies please go to www.allaboutcookies.org . We may also use web beacons, which are transparent image files and are used to monitor your journey around British American Tobacco Group websites.
b) Sharing this information
Pakistan Tobacco Company may share personal information in the following ways
- From time to time your personal information may be transferred to other British American Tobacco entities worldwide or to third party agents or representatives of British American Tobacco for the purposes of system maintenance.
- Pakistan Tobacco Company may also be obligated to disclose your personal information if required for the following reasons:
(i) In response to duly authorized information requests of police and governmental authorities;
(ii) To comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order;
(iii) To help prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights and properties of British American Tobacco or its subsidiaries; or
(iv) To protect the personal safety of British American Tobacco employees and third parties on British American Tobacco property.
Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, British American Tobacco decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers. It is British American Tobacco’s practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
c) Keeping your personal information secure
British American Tobacco will take reasonable technical and organisational security measures to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration or unlawful disclosure of any information provided by you. Any third party, agent or representative of British American Tobacco who requires access to your information is also required to implement reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect your information.
d) International data transfers
Information that we collect may be transferred across international borders for further processing, storage or use. Transfers may occur between members of the British American Tobacco Group including their affiliates, customers and suppliers.
Any third party, agent or representative of British American Tobacco who imports personal data in the course of providing services to British American Tobacco is required to keep that information confidential and comply with national data protection laws or where applicable be bound by appropriate contractual obligations that protect your personal data.
By agreeing to the Terms you accept that any information provided by you, has been provided with your consent and on a voluntary basis. You hereby hold Pakistan Tobacco Company and BAT indemnified against any costs, loss, or damage which may arise as a consequence of having disclosed information on the Website.
Links to external websites
This Website includes links to external websites which are subject to their own terms and conditions. We are not responsible for the content of these external websites. These links are provided solely for convenience to you. No endorsement of any party, products or services is expressed or implied and accordingly Pakistan Tobacco Company cannot accept any liability for the accuracy or otherwise of any content or the security of any activity carried out on such other sites. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss or cost caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such linked sites. Your use of such sites is at your sole risk.
- The Website access is provided to you free of charge, without any warranties or guarantees unless specifically stated. The information contained in the Website is intended for general information purposes only. Pakistan Tobacco Company has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information on the Website is correct at the time of inclusion.
- Except as expressly provided for on the Website, Pakistan Tobacco Company is not responsible for the content or use of any web pages or any messages sent or received by you.
- All copyright, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights used as part of the Website are vested in Pakistan Tobacco Company and / or its licensors. You acquire no rights in the Website other than the limited right to use the Website in accordance with the Terms. You are permitted to print out or download information and content from the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not offer for sale or sell or distribute over any medium, any part of the Website or its content. You may not make any part of the Website available as part of another website, whether by hyperlink framing on the Internet or otherwise unless you have been authorised to do so in writing by Pakistan Tobacco Company.
- You shall not use the Website for any illegal purposes and in particular agree that you shall not send, use, copy, post or allow any posting which is defamatory or obscene or which is abusive, indecent or in breach of the privacy of any person. You agree not to send any unsolicited promotional or advertising material, spam or similar materials or any volume messages which may interfere with the operation of the Website or with the enjoyment of the Website by other visitors.
- Pakistan Tobacco Company reserves the right at any time and without notice to enhance, modify, alter, suspend or permanently discontinue all or any part of the Website and to restrict or prohibit access to it.
- Pakistan Tobacco Company will not intentionally collect any information about visitors to the Website who are under eighteen years of age. If Pakistan Tobacco Company becomes aware that a child has provided any information this will immediately be deleted from Pakistan Tobacco Company’s records.
- You hereby agree to indemnify Pakistan Tobacco Company against any costs, claims, losses and damages (including legal fees) incurred by or awarded against Pakistan Tobacco Company as a result of your misuse of the Website or your breach of the Terms.
- If you are in breach of the Terms Pakistan Tobacco Company shall have the discretion to suspend or block your access to the Website and refuse to provide you with any further access to it.
- Access to the Website is provided to you free of charge, and neither Pakistan Tobacco Company nor any other company in the British American Tobacco Group accept any liability to you arising out of or in connection with the Website. Your sole remedy is to discontinue using the Website.
- The Terms may be amended by Pakistan Tobacco Company from time to time.
- The Terms and the content of the Website are governed by Pakistani law whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.